Tuesday, May 17, 2011

an ostentatious display of pride

Not long after we moved to the DC metro I stuck this on my bumper as a display of state pride for our ex home state. One of my co-workers saw it one afternoon and said, "What's that mean? I love sandwiches?"

"No! Only the coolest state EVER!!"

BLANK STARE

"It's Oregon. It means I love Oregon."

"Ohhhh....."

Note to the Oregon State Tourism Board: Nobody knows what the state of Oregon looks like on a map.

Note to self: Sandwiches are awesome. Keep the bumper sticker and from now on loudly proclaim my love for sandwiches.

2 comments:

  1. Just another reason P and I are sad not to be your neighbors. This blog is the highlight of my week. I'm sure that's anti-shmentor, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Green Bee! It WOULD be fun to live next door to you guys. As the shmentor, I will strive to shine like a bic lighter at a Bon Jovi concert. (That's my subtitle!)

    ReplyDelete