Sunday, May 15, 2011

sincerely yours

Allow me to introduce myself. I’m your new shmentor – or not. Who cares? You weren’t looking for a mentor? That’s okay. In fact, it’s better, because I’m not a mentor. I’m a shmentor. I dress poorly. I eat too much. I don’t invest. I don’t care about my career. I suspect I don’t know much about anything. Above all, I give bad advice.
How does that saying go? Something about a riddle wrapped in an enigma surrounded by mystery? Well, I’m not that. I’m more of a magic eight ball wrapped in a paper towel, or maybe a little sausage wrapped in a piece of bacon, smothered with barbeque sauce, and held together with a toothpick.
As a shmentor, I promise I will not:
- lend you any money
- get a tan or lose weight
- share my Doritos
- withhold my last beer

No comments:

Post a Comment